My prize came yesterday, which included my 25 copies of my chapbook and my check for $100. I was so excited and nervous to look at the finished product. I am very pleased with the book. Cynthia's artwork is stunning on the cover, printed on glossy white paper. I haven't found any serious typos or errors in the printing so far. It is just so crazy to look at my own book.
At first it was all excitement, and now as people have begun to buy copies from me, I am starting to feel a bit exposed. Sort of like that dream you have every once in awhile, where you are in a public place without much clothing on:) Some of my writing is very personal, and of course I have been published in journals before, and have read in public many times, but not like this. A whole collection is another experience entirely.
I am so grateful to everyone for their support. I have the best family, friends, and co-workers anywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment