"I heart the bells on Christmas Day
Their old familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet
The words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!"
from Christmas Bells by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Our holidays have been blessed with good-will and kind souls this year. Our Christmas has been filled with unexpected surprises from those we know, and many we do not know. We have had Secret Santas, help from good friends, gifts from co-workers, and the generosity of strangers. Our children had a wonderful Christmas, and I have been reminded of the greatest gifts. First, always. . . the birth and life of our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that God's hand is in all things. I also know that this world is filled (mostly) with good and kind people, who are willing to sacrifice and share with another. Merry Christmas to all! We love and appreciate you.
I've noticed that I need to do something to prevent "red eye" on my camera. However, these pictures (and the photographer) were probably affected by the fact that we were up at the crack of dawn, opening presents. This is not an unusual occurence this time of year.
Thanks to my gift from my life-long friend (Katie), we were able to surprise Dakota with a gift he did not expect this year. His favorite band is U2, and now he is going to see them! I wish everyone could have been there to see his face when he opened the tickets. Priceless!











No comments:
Post a Comment