Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Birthday, Uncle John

I need to backtrack a few days to post an important occasion.  Jan. 12th was my Uncle John's 80th birthday.  He is my mom's younger brother, and she always adored him.  Here is one of my favorite photos of them together, when they were kids.




Uncle John has always been an example of hard work and perseverence to me.  Though he has held many good jobs, he was determined to finish college, and through correspondence, graduated from BYU in 1990.  Here is a picture of that graduation.  Aunt Maurine, John, and my Mom.




Another pic of a family party at Lion's park, behind our house.  We like a good get-together.  We especially like one with lots of food!




Uncle John and Aunt Marian have been very good to me, and to my family.  They have remained an anchor of strength in my life, since the death of both of my parents.  They support everything that I do.  I'm quite sure that John owns almost every publication that I've had a poem published in:)  He always listens to me and gives me advice, when I struggle.  Happy Birthday, Uncle John!  I love you dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment