When we are talking skin tones, the answer is ME! Yes, I've had this very fair skin all of my years. When I was a teenager, I really disliked it. I could not tan like all the other girls, and I suffered several hundred bad sunburns. One of them was actually severe enough to be treated for burns. Of course, there were always the older women who would say "look at that beautiful China doll skin." I was not impressed. I also struggle to this day to find a foundation light enough that you can't see lines around my chin. I'm not sure when exactly I made friends with my skin. Probably around the time that I spent the summer in Finland. Finnish people always asked if I was English, due to my light skin and facial features. I loved that because my English heritage has always fascinated me. I began to realize that my coloring is unique and I hung onto that thought. I started being kinder to myself, realizing over the years that my skin color is more of a gift than a curse. I also look great in black :)
I'm discussing all of this because once again, I'm painfully sunburned. I took Carson and Micah to the Scera pool on Thursday afternoon. We had not been swimming yet this year, and I felt we should. Although I slathered on the sunscreen, my shoulders, chest, and back burned. Welcome to my life. Ah the memories! This is not an unusual event, it happens every summer. However, for some reason it has inspired me to blog about my skin. Oh well, happy summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment