Saturday, August 25, 2012

My passion

My neighbor and friend gave me great news a couple of days ago.  He told me that Lance Larsen is the new Utah State Poetry Laureate.  It's a deserving honor for a great (and generous) writer.

Dan also brought a copy of Lance's latest book to me.  I've been reading it, and loving every word. 

Then something wonderful happened.  For the first time in months, I want to write.  I really want to write!  I even got out the chapbook manuscript that I started compiling a year ago.  I feel like a part of me is waking up, like I've come back to life.  A piece of the sadness has been replaced with a piece of hope. 

Maybe I am still the same person, and my struggles have not robbed me of my passions permanantly.  Maybe I'm still me.



No comments:

Post a Comment