Monday, February 23, 2015

A person to admire




"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."

                            - Bruce Lee






I have admired Bruce Lee for years.  Most think of him as a great Gung Fu master.  To me he was man who had big ideas and was not afraid to act upon them. I admire the person who was a Philosopher, and loved to learn.  A voracious reader.

This is a subject I have been thinking about.  I do read all types of books, and always have.  Right now, in this moment, I want to improve myself and my peace with life in general.  I found a new used book store in town, and bought myself two books.  One is a volume I have always wanted to read, and feel that now is the time:  "The Tao Te Ching".  The other is "Aristotle Poetics."  I can't wait to get started.  Well, as soon as I finish my antique copy of "The Works of Edgar Allan Poe."  Just a little light reading!  He he.


No comments:

Post a Comment