Today my oldest son turned 21 years old. It's hard to believe it has been that many years since he was born and made me a mother. I have vivid memories of his birth. My mother was there. She saw him born and it was such a moment. She would not be with me (on this earth) for either of my other children's births. I remember the weight of him as the nurse laid him carefully on my abdomen and his father was given instructions on cutting the chord. He was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. In that moment, my heart changed. Nothing in life would ever be the same. I would sacrifice anything for this little person, my own son.
Dakota has an intelligent and thoughtful spirit. He is sensitive to lovely writing and classical music. He is also very humorous, and makes me laugh. Without his support through my divorce and the years following, I wonder what I would have done. I want him to soar in life, and to not be afraid to be anything he dreams of. I love you, Dakota. Beyond words.






No comments:
Post a Comment