Monday, May 18, 2015

Katie

Soooo... I watched a sad movie with my family tonight.  The only important thing to say here is that it was about two women who had been friends all of their lives.  Of course, one of them becomes terminally ill, and the other comes to help her.  You get the idea.

And then ... I shed a lot of tears and ran into the other room to call MY best friend.  Okay, to sob to her about how much I love her, and how much I treasure her friendship!  Before I could get this all said, she informed me that last week was "Amazing Earthfest" in Kanab.  This is a very large and fun festival of music, art, and tours of parks and monuments. All to celebrate the beauty and natural wonder of the area.  Anyway, there was a Poetry reading event.  Katie took one of my poems, "Visiting Ghosts and Ground," and read it there.  She said she almost made it through without her voice breaking up with emotion.  I am so honored that she chose to share one of my poems, and proud of her for getting up there and reading it.

Soooo... this is me after the movie.  Sob. After the cry on the phone with Katie. Sob.  I am ever so grateful for my best friend, and all the memories we have shared since we were four years old.   We've been like sisters all of our lives.  Love you, Katie.



No comments:

Post a Comment