The Scouts have been working on back packing hikes, as a goal this year. A couple of weeks ago, Carson hiked to the Y with them. Friday and yesterday, they hiked Timpanogos and camped near the top. They apparently had torrential rain and wind up there, and mostly abandoned their tents for an old shelter already in existence. Kind of a rough night. This is what Carson looked like when he arrived home yesterday, sore but safe.
Today is Sunday. A tearful and grateful one for this mom. This morning I went with Carson and was present as he received the Patriarchal blessing, which he requested to have. It was a very heartfelt experience for us both. I am so proud of this compassionate and strong young son of mine.
Dakota dressed up and came to church with us today. He is feeling inspired to attend again, and to become even closer to God. As I sat in church, with my two tall sons beside me, I felt so many emotions. My heart is full of gratitude for them, and for miracles.


No comments:
Post a Comment