Time to talk about Dad. He's been gone for 23 years (yesterday), which is almost half of my life. I fear that I will forget certain details, so here goes.
Dad loved salty snacks. Those included planters salted peanuts (he usually had a jar somewhere in the house), popcorn, extra sharp cheese on saltine crackers, and green olives. He only had three things he liked that were really sweet. Cherry chocolates, jelly beans, and anything cinnamon (mostly cinnamon bears and suckers). He also loved iced tea. There was always a glass of iced tea.
Though these things appear trivial to some, it comforts me to remember. To know that this many years later, I still could go shopping for him. That the imprint of this man is still so strong. Words never will be adequate to describe how I miss him. Always my hero. Love you, Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment