Dakota is on a three day Pioneer Trek in Wyoming with the other youth in our Ward. I am a little worried, but hopeful that it will be an experience he will benefit from.
He is trekking on behalf of a 20 year old rescuer named Harvey Cluff, and has been reading about him thoughtfully for the last couple of weeks. I've been proud to watch as Dakota has soaked in all the information he could about our own pioneer history, and that of others. I believe that he is at least spiritually ready for this trek.
I've decided to take this time of him being away from home, to brag about him on my blog. As his mother, I have shed many tears over the young child who was so depressed, afraid, and anxious about his world. Now I watch and encourage the courageous young man he has become. He faces his fears better than most adults I know. He has the best heart! Dakota is my champion when times get rough, and does Jim Carrey impressions to make me laugh. He has my Dad's quiet and humble personality and great sense of humor. How I love my oldest son!
Here are some pics of Indiana Jones on his way to the adventure this morning at 5:30 a.m. We will see how those clothes look when he returns:)


No comments:
Post a Comment