Sunday, July 18, 2010
Thinking about Mom
Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of Mom's death. I can't believe it's been so many years, and that I've spent much of my adult life without her. Anway, I couldn't sleep all night last night and feel out of sorts. It's odd how our body can remember things that our minds sometimes forget. These days are good for me in weird ways. There are great memories that come along with the pity party. My Mom was (and is) an extemely loving person, with a wicked sense of humor. She always stands in my mind as an example of courage. Her decisions were not easy ones, but she faced them with a postitive attitude and faith in God. I also think of how she was a defender of the underdog, always stopping to talk with the elderly, the disabled, those in need. She could bring a smile to any face. Her influence in my life is profound to this day, and I am so grateful for the path she put me on. Love you, Mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment