Sunday, September 26, 2010

Missing Dr. Pepper

Have a little sympathy for me on this one.  I have a long history with the good Dr.  He's almost family to me!  I actually can't remember when I first tasted the good stuff, and have no real memory of being without it. 

When my friend (Kim) and I were in Junior high, we would walk home from Dixon each day.  We would stop by Timpanogos Elementary, where my Dad worked, and sit in the teachers lounge with him and have a visit.  Of course, there was the standard soda machine there, and it had Mr. Pibb (a very closely related cousin to my main squeeze).  Dad would always buy us one.  One of my best memories.

Dr. Pepper has faithfully seen me through endless hours or homework, work, stress, etc.  Oh, how I love the stuff!!

Did I mention it runs in my family?  Well, it does.  No joke!  I'm constantly surprised at the number of cousins who come for a visit and sob with relief when they see it in my fridge.  Family heritage.

About two weeks ago, I just gave up the Dr. Pepper.  I haven't had a drink with caffeine since.  Weird, but true.  We will see how things go.  Thanks for listening:)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Stacy, you poor thing going it alone without your main squeeze Dr. Pepper! You can do it and of course you will always have your fond memories. Thanks for the smile today :)

    ReplyDelete