Sunday, February 13, 2011

Carson's Birthday

On Feb. 11th of 2011, Carson turned 11 years old:)   On the day of his birthday, we had a little family celebration, including pizza from Papa John's. 


Then Saturday, it was time to get ready for the friend party.  The theme was originally (you guessed it) Michael Jackson, but we expanded it to be a Pop Music party, to include those who are not as huge of fans.  An awesome picture cake, some balloons, sparkles, music, a fedora for Carson, and we were ready to go!








Carson had a great time with his friends.  It was a very happy day for him.  They played a game to see how many balloons they could "pop," ate yummy food, opened presents, and even danced a little. 







As for me, I couldn't help but think, as I do everyday, how grateful I am for Carson and his good health.  It was 11 years ago that he was Life Flighted to Primary and had surgery.  Those memories remain in my heart with some pain, but mostly with love for God and his miracles, and the many kindnesses that are so vivid still in my mind.

Carson is a bright and loving person.  He is always making things are running them to our neighbors.  Whatever he chooses to do, he does it well.  And there is nothing like his contagious laugh.
  Happy Birthday, Carson!  I love you much!


No comments:

Post a Comment