Saturday, March 5, 2011

My love of quiet places

Wednesday morning, I took Carson to the school district in American Fork for a test he needed to take.  Doing K12 means that we sometimes have to do things a little differently, which is okay.  I had lots on my mind, and had time before I needed to go back and get him.  The school district is right by the cemetery, where my Grandpa is buried.  I decided to go there.  Then I decided to have a little talk with his headstone.  Then I decide to walk.  It was 9:00 in the morning, and no one around.  I had the whole cemetery to myself.  It was absolutely solitary and beautiful.  The little birds were chirping, and I was blissfully walking and reading headstones, and pondering my life.  I actually found some people I didn't even know were buried there.  On one of the headstones, there was an A.A. Milne quote carved into it.  Here it is:

"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together . . there is something you must always remember, you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think, but the most important thing is, even if we're apart . . I'll always be with you."

Thank you, lovely peaceful hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment