Maizy had her surgery on Tuesday afternoon, had a sleepover in Salt Lake at the surgeon's office, and we picked her up on Wednesday morning. She has stitches, a shaved leg, three medicines, and a long recovery ahead of her. She requires kennel resting, with a few short visits out with us, for 4 to 6 weeks. Now she also has to wear a cone because she was licking her incision. Poor little girl. She thinks we are the meanest people on the planet, but still loves us somehow:) We are glad she is on her way back to health, and thankful for those who helped us get her to this point.
In other news, I GOT A JOB! I lost control for a minute there. For months, I have been trying to find a good job to help us. I received a call on Thursday night from Intermountain Healthcare, offering me a position as a Patient Service Representative at their Springville Instacare. It is a part-time on call position, but the pay is good. They actually offered me a better wage than the one they listed, because they said I have good experience. I will work about 25 hours each week, and plan to keep my library job also. It will be difficult to do both, but we need the money so badly. I must try.
Yesterday, I went to UVRMC and had my drug test, TB scratch test, blood draw, and filled out paperwork for the new job. My orientation is on June 6th and then I can work. Yay! I am so thankful for this opportunity, and hope it grows into something really good.



No comments:
Post a Comment