U2 is a band that I have known about and listened to for their entire career. I remember the days of the mullets, boots, flags, and "Sunday Bloody Sunday." I watched them perform at Live Aid when they stated they were just a band from Ireland. I have always liked them and admired their vision and the causes they champion. However, I was not prepared for the show we went to last night at Rice Eccles Stadium. I had heard all the hype about the tour, "The Claw," and Bono's idea of providing an intimate show for 50,000 people. Let me just say that all of that paled in comparison to seeing it. Amazing is a word that even seems inadequate. "The Fray" opened up for them and they were good. Then U2 played for 2 and a 1/2 hours. Spectacular!
Here are some highlights, which by the way, do not do justice to the show. They are fun to look at though.
Getting seated and waiting for U2
Finally, U2!
Wow!















No comments:
Post a Comment