Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9-11

On Sept. 11, 2001, I was getting Dakota ready for school.  He was in 2nd grade and it was his picture day at Grandview.  Carson was 17 months old and was sitting in his "saucer" bouncing in the living room, while I combed Dakota's hair.  We turned on the TV for a few minutes before time to go.  We saw the plane hitting the World Trade Center.  I thought it was a movie at first, until the broadcaster said, "We are live in New York City, there has been an attack." It seemed like a frozen moment for me.  I held Dakota's hand as we watched.  There were so many questions, and just the horror of it.  I remember my fear as I drove Dakota to school.  I wanted to calm his fears by keeping the day as normal as possible, but I didn't want him to be away from me.

I remember today, all the citizens and the rescuers who lost their lives that day.  The searching for survivors that went on for weeks.  Such a terrible time.  I pray for peace in our world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment