First of all, it is finally snowing outside! I was at the Library, where I usually am when I see the first snow outside. We have these great big windows and it's so beautiful to watch from there.
I've been working so many days that it's difficult to find time to blog. I haven't talked about my jobs here. It's time to do that. I technically still have my job at the Springville Family Practice and Instacare Clinic, but I'm not working many hours there anymore. Around Dec. 10th, I was hired by another Intermountain Healthcare Clinic. It is called the Utah Valley ENT and Allergy Clinic in Pleasant Grove. I was also hired to work one day a week at the North Valley Pediatric Clinic (across the street). Both clinics are managed by the same person, and she combined the two jobs so that I would be eligible for benefits. I work 28 hours per week, and sometimes more, for those clinics. Then I also still work at the Library about 15 hours per week. It is honestly a little more than I feel I can handle, but I'm hanging in there. I feel so blessed to have these opportunities. The ENT Clinic is my "home base" as far as Intermountain is concerned. It is growing like crazy and we just hired a PA, so I know that my hours will increase eventually. When that happens, I will get a discount on the cost of our medical insurance. But hey, starting February 1st, at least we will have it!
I miss being at home so much, but know this is what I have to do right now to support our family. There is no choice for me, and I make the best of it. As always, I've been blessed with good jobs and co-workers which make the days bearable for me. I know so many people who are still without any work, or work in terrible or unsafe conditions just to have a job. I also know some who are on the street at this point. I work in great environments with good people. I do understand how fortunate I am, and I don't forget it.
No comments:
Post a Comment