Friday, January 6, 2017

Life is always moving

Today I am reminded that life is always moving.  The one thing we can always count on is change.

There have been many changes in my life recently, some have been good and others have been very rough.  I am on this subject because one of our employees is moving on to another job, and this is her last day.  She came to give me a hug and say goodbye, and I could see that she was doing everything to control the emotion in her blood shot eyes.  It reminded me of the day I walked out of the Provo library in 2012, after six years there.  I felt like I was leaving my second home.  So much history there.  Then again, when I left the Orem library last year.  I really loved that job, and the people I worked with.  It was a job I had once swore I would stay at forever.  Never the less, I walked out of the building that day with tears streaming down my cheeks.  I was excited for my new job, and working full time had become necessary, but I was still absolutely heart-broken to be leaving.  I've been reminded just now, change is difficult.


No comments:

Post a Comment