I love this time of year. I'm thankful to celebrate the birth of our Savior. I am always overwhelmed by the love from family and friends.
Our day has been wonderful and long. My children are always up by 6:00 (because I force them to stay in bed until that time). The house is cluttered with toys and clothes and new things. We have food in our fridge and on our counters. Micah, Carson, and I stayed up late watching Norad track Santa on his journey, on the internet. When I was little, we just watched for a red light in the sky. Now things are high tech. Even the government tracks him :)
One of our highlights this year was being "Secret Santas" to our little elderly neighbor. Carson had the idea to do the 12 days of Christmas and we all participated. Our hearts have been warmed as we created notes and packed goodies in bags each evening. Then we did our nightly delivery, and watched her excitement as she hurried to the door. Honestly, it really did make our holiday. I can only hope that she enjoyed it as much as we did.
Here are some pics. Merry Christmas to all!











No comments:
Post a Comment