Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Believing


I had a quote on my mirror a few years ago.  It said simply "Miracles Happen to Those Who Believe in Them."   I loved it, and I read it everyday. 

I'm a believer.  I believe in God.  Because of that, I know that many things are possible in life.  I've learned not to doubt the unexplained and the things I can't see or remember.  The heavens are forever, and much exists underneath them. 

I've tried to teach my children to be searchers, seekers, observers, and to keep an open mind about people and things.  How much more beautiful the world is when we take the time to look.  When we notice the small things, and wonder about them.  When we see God in everything around us. 

Of course, this belief has led to children who watch "Finding Bigfoot" and "UFO Hunters."  However, it has also led to children who watch "Secrets at the Museum" and every history and educational show they can watch.  When we go to the canyon, they notice the blue bird who always follows us, and the immense beauty of our mountains.

There is a contemporary poet who wrote that God has been hiding since the bible times.  I say, God has not been hiding.  This writer has not been looking.  There are miracles in my life every single day, and in the lives of people around me. 

Yes, I'm a believer.  And I'm so glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment