Friday, March 29, 2013
Dakota's 19th Birthday!
It's so hard to believe. This child who was my first. The first time I looked at him, right after birth, a new feeling came forever into my life. I would not be the same after that moment. I joined the club, understood the emotions that so many mothers had tried to explain to me before.
Dakota is my oldest child. He has brought tears of joy and of pain to my life. I would not give up either, nor would I trade this boy for anything in the world. Maybe it has been within our struggles that we have bonded as mother and son. Dakota is strong. Stronger than most adults that I know. In his young life, many challenges have threatened to take that smile from his face, but they have not.
I know this is a sappy post, but there are things in my heart that are deep and pure. My oldest son turned 19 years old yesterday. I'm so grateful to be his mother.
I love you, Dakota! You make me smile everyday, and even encourage me when I need it. Happy Birthday to you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment