I always tell Micah that he is a little old man in a child's body. For whatever reason, this boy just understands. He understands the big grown up questions, and sometimes things I can't believe. Most of all, he reads my emotions and comforts me. He's been like this since he was a year old. When I'm sitting quietly by myself and sad, he will come over and pat my back and say something positive to me. He often says "I don't know what I would do without you" or "I like to get up early in the morning to spend time with you, Mom." Be still my heart!
Micah also says funny things like when I ask him how he deals with two older brothers, who sometimes do not get along. "Oh, I just sit back and watch the show." And of course, the one I posted on Facebook from President's Day this year. I had been explaining what the holiday means and he blurted out "I can't wait until we have a woman President. The guys keep making loopy decisions!"
All of this brings me to the reason for this post. As a writer, I'm always searching for just the right figurative language. Micah and I were driving in our van today, just the two of us. Micah wanted to explain to me about his brother Carson's attitude lately. He blew my mind with this little gem. "Carson is like that cool rock that you see in the dirt. The more you try to pull it out of the ground, the more you realize how huge it is."
I think I will call him Yoda.
No comments:
Post a Comment