Friday, December 27, 2013
Back where I belong
I have a new job at the Orem Public Library. I am very happy! That pretty much sums it up.
Okay . . . there's more to this story. I have been working my tail off for Intermountain Healthcare. Along with this, I have been stressed and not getting enough hours to support us. I've also been trying to get a full time job, searching and praying for help.
A couple of weeks ago, I saw a part-time opening for a Page at the Orem Library. I applied and my great friend Rynell (who works there) put in a good word for me. On Monday, the position was officially offered to me, and I accepted. I will keep both jobs, but give preference to the library because they are offering consistent and set hours each week.
Along with all of this, I had an epiphany. I realized looking back over the last couple of years, and all the heartache of that time, that I really started going downhill emotionally after I left my job at the Provo Library. A place that I loved and friends who had supported me through so much. Yes, my wages became better by far and I thought I was making a good decision at the time. Even so, I knew I was on the wrong path, and the damage to my health and happiness continued.
After I accepted this new position at the library, I felt so good. It's a leap of faith, but I know now that libraries and I belong together. I will work hard for them, and try to get a better paying position there in the future. I know how corny this sounds, but while I was training today, I was following Tammy down one of the aisles of books, and I smiled to myself and had the thought "I'm home."
Thankful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome home! I am happy that you feel happy there, and I hope that it will turn into exactly what you need somewhere down the road. I love you, dear friend, and wish nothing but the best and happiest for you and your family.
ReplyDelete