Sunday, December 1, 2013

More on the journey

So . . . I got caught up in "survival mode" again, which seems to have become more the norm than I ever wanted it to be.  Though I didn't finish my list of thankful things on this blog, please know that I have many.  I make it a point to review them each day, and I am truly a blessed woman.

In my current mode of not looking too far into the future, lest I get overwhelmed, I have put some things aside. Unfortunately one of the things I've been struggling with is my writing.  There are plenty of things to write about but no time, and not enough sincerity on the page.  It comes out looking reading like stories, and that's not what it should feel like.  Poetry is "liquor."  It is writing that is distilled in it's purest and most potent form. I'm a Tolkien fan.  Bet you didn't know that :)  I was reading an article about Richard Armitage tonight online, and I decidedly owe him a debt.  He was speaking about acting and basically said that the more you are aware of what you are doing, the more it doesn't work.  For him, it's when he actually forgets that he is playing a part, and the scene becomes only the character, that magic happens.  Hallelujah!  He's right. I've been pushing my writing.  I'm too aware of my struggles and my own limits.  I need to relax and let it go. Let the writing become what it needs to become.  I can do this.  Thank you, Richard.


No comments:

Post a Comment